I am Tanushi Gupta.
I am here again with my interesting project.
A Beautifully Handcrafted Mug Holder with an artwork which is an amalgamation of stamping, molding and decoupage.
The idea behind this artwork was to create a decor piece for any cafe / restaurant / home kitchen / dining hall walls and make it functional with organizing our cups / utensils / big spoons.
The color palette reflects summer with floral stamping and a colorful plants artwork. Keeping a cafe theme in mind I have created miniatures of donuts, jams and pastries to bring a vibe.
I created this artwork keeping a spring theme in mind by adding a touch of wood graining and some floral motifs.
1. I divided the big plank into parts 1/3rd and I colored it with old rafia chalk paint
2. Rest 2/3rd, I again divided into 3 equal parts, I painted them with Patina (green) mixed with white.
3. Now taking chocolate color and mixing little glaze cream so that it does not dry fast and gives smooth finish i did wood graining on this 2/3rd part.
4. Now with more of water and very little colour on your brush I did distressing on my remaining part.
5. Fussy cut the motif and decoupaged it on wood graining part.
6. Did stenciling using old rafia and chocolate colour.
7. For the small plank. I made a border with the help of Thai clay and mold.
8. Stick it using PVC glue.
9. After drying it properly I painted it with patina green (mixed with white) did 2 coats to give proper finish.
10. Cut the decoupage paper into desired size and decoupaged it.
11. Decorated it using flowers and pearls.
12. Added a small shelf with miniature on main plank.
Materials used :
Mdf base – Mug holder
Hope you all liked the project. Will be here soon with another beautiful project. Thanks a lot.